I have closed the forums to new postings because there was not enough discussion, I answered nearly all the questions, and I no longer work on Kino. Please use the forums provided by your Linux distribution. Meanwhile, I will leave this open in read-only mode to serve as a knowledge base.
back to previous topic|
The Digital Video FAQ|
Posted by Schirmacher on Thu Jan-01-70 12:00 AM
I want to collect frequent asked questions and their answers in this forum. After we have a reasonable list of questions and answers, I want to convert the contents in the standard FAQ format, so that it gets the same status as all other FAQs too.
The final document shall be generated with a script from the content of this forum. Therefore it is important that all postings have a simple format which can be easily parsed.
My proposal of the format of the entries in this forum and how they map to the FAQ:
1. The "Question" is the body of the first article of the thread.
2. The "Answer" is the body of the second article of the thread.
3. Anybody can add more articles with additional insights to this thread.
4. From time to time the original author edits the question and answer to reflect the current state.
5. Text only. Please do not use any additional features of this discussion forum software, such as smilies and images. If you post an URI, don't forget the http: prefix.
6. This forum is more of a shared workspace than a discussion forum, so please expect the original questions and answers to be edited by the authors or the admin (that's me). I will however not modify any other articles.
To create an entry, post the question and also the answer to that question. Remember to register a user name and log in to the forum, because if you do not register, you can't edit your entry later.
I did not think about ordering the questions into chapters yet. We can probably add a number to the question text or something like that.